This month’s DIY lays the foundation for all future tinkering…
I may have mentioned that we bought a drafty new farmhouse about 15 years ago. It was built by the owner, a man who was, sadly, a bit challenged at the skill of installing interior doors. Even before we moved the furniture in we had permanently removed several doors as they were awkwardly placed and some were downright dangerous as they opened into traffic areas. A few doors were never replaced and their openings turned into casements, whereas a couple of others were replaced with bi-fold doors.
Materials (total cost approximately $30)
2 ten foot 2″ x 4″ boards for the sawhorse legs
1 six foot 2″ x 6″ board for the table base that sits atop the sawhorse legs
2 sets of metal sawhorse brackets (4 brackets total)
1 50 count package of 6 x 3/4 flat phillips wood screws
1 interior door (the one I used is 36″ wide and 80″ long) with all hardware removed